As we head into the weekend and return to church, just wanted to remind those of you who went to the retreat to "refresh one another". A couple thoughts that continue to reverberate in my head are ...... do you view the church as a hospital or a country club?
... picture Rod in a police pursuit - do we pursue God with the same passion?
And from the evaluation forms, here are some convictions, challenges, and hopes you took away from the retreat:
spread God’s love with everyone ... reach out more to others on Sunday to think more about others ... I want to be more open to others and try to make an effort meeting new people ... idea of unity between brothers/sisters, unity as a church ...
I want to sustain a servant attitude ... attitude toward others “greet and meet someone you don’t know for greater unity” hit me the most ... I have a new attitude just by coming to this retreat... I’ve been really trying to change this weekend ....
desire to put the interests of others before my own ... reminder to be less selfish, to serve with humility, must understand God’s regard for you ... desire to reach across generational lines to young adults and seniors ... continue to persevere to get to know people and build unity... even though CBC is not a huge church I still meet new people at every retreat ...
renewed attitude about being more like Jesus, appreciation of what He did for us ... I appreciate struggles of college and young adults ... I will try to do my part to unite the church ... being able to connect with others we don’t know ... new focus on humility ... act more like a community... cross the generational lines ...
a renewed feeling that God is impressing upon all of us to care for each other ... meet people from church, talk, share with them much more than I ever have ... I will put forth more effort toward multi generational activities to increase connections at CBC .... wanting to know more people of different age groups at church ...
refreshment in God was very therapeutic ... more relationships with others... new perspective on youth and where they are at in terms of life and spirituality ... renewed sense of the urgency for the truth ...
we were recharged and rejuvenated ... get to know more of the church and build relationships with them ... desire for unity, community ... desire to unite this church and connect with people of different generation ...
And here are some youth responses ....
I want to learn more and try to read the Bible more ... my relationship with other youth got stronger ... my attitude and behavior... I am definitely more challenged to live a godly life ... I understand my weaknesses more ... I learned more about worldly views and it made me think about God more ... Realized that we do not want to think of this world but we are a part of this world, “Godly view” ... my attitude changed because I learned how God views the world ... different atmosphere with family and not only youth ... I am more willing to change my life to view God in a different perspective
No comments:
Post a Comment