Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Grammar lesson: what is a pronoun?

One of the groups asked me what the answer is to the questions on WB p. 6-7 about pronouns. And in my SG last night we weren't sure either!! I remember teaching this lesson when I taught 2nd grade, but sadly, I don't now remember what I said!

So I checked the venerable source of all knowledge at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pronoun

WB p. 6 says: There is another word that uses the plural form. I didn't notice this, but my brilliant young adults noticed there are actually two plural words: us, we.

WB p. 7 says to circle the pronouns. You probably got they, their, he. We weren't sure about everyone, and wikipedia says it is an indefinite pronoun.

So there you have it.

I'm going to give an answer sheet for SG Week 2 lesson. But do the study first and think and wrestle with it a little. I'll post the answer sheet next week, but if anyone is doing lesson 2 this week, email me and I'll send it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment