Sunday, September 27, 2009

Jeanine is going to UCI

Last week I asked you to pray and consider supporting Jeanine Tan, a friend of Kyle's. She had 38% of her support raised, and needed to get to 100% in 2 days, and even though I don't know her, I felt compelled to respond. Thanks to those of you who also responded. I'm just incredulous that God provided, and I am so blessed to be a part of sending her on to campus ministry. Here's what she said:

I wanted to update you on what God has done since the last time I e-mailed you. Last week I still had so much support left to raise. But in two days, God raised the rest of the support that I needed in order to intern this year-- two days! And I know that He answered my prayers with your partnership.

I am absolutely over the moon about the Lord preparing the way for me to dive into the whirlwind that is college ministry, but I have to say, I feel like I can barely catch my breath. Maybe it's because, even while I was hoping for the best, I was preparing myself for the worst-- bracing myself for the day that I would have to take my dream of interning off of the mantelpiece to pack into a cardboard box somewhere. But now that all my support is raised and I'm gearing up to transition into this new phase of my life... I just feel like laughing and crying at the same time! In a good way. : )

I've learned a lot from this whole process. Ultimately, what it all comes down to is the truth that God has been holding me in His hands the entire time, leading me every step of the way. Often times it was hard to see where He was taking me or why, especially when I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make my deadline and began questioning my calling to ministry. But now I can look back and see that all the while He was saying: I have the best in mind for you. Trust that even if life seems uncertain, you can be certain of Me-- I've got you. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment