Monday, September 14, 2009

You can print out the Daily Reading and tuck it in your Bible

I'm trying to stay one step ahead of you all in the hopes of anticipating needs. So, as I started the Matthew Daily Reading today, I realized I don't want to lug the workbook around when I read. So, I'm going to print out the daily reading schedule and tuck it in my Bible. I'm posting it here so you can copy and paste it to Word (it'll fit on a half-page) and print it out. Put it in your Bible, or on your mirrror or refrigerator or wherever will help you remember to do it.

...
M: Mt. 1-3 How do you see God’s hand in the events of Jesus’ birth?
T: Mt. 4-6 How does Jesus turn beliefs upside down in the Sermon on the Mount?
W: Mt. 7-8 Compare the faith of the centurion and of the disciples. How does it impact their actions?
Th: Mt 9-10 What would you like and not like if you were one of Jesus’ followers?
F: Mt 11-12 Jesus has challenging words for some, soothing for others. Which do you need to hear today?
S: Mt 13-14 What attitudes do these parables urge you to have?
...
M: Mt 15-16 What wrong attitudes do the Pharisees have?
Tu: Mt 17-19 Which of Jesus’ teachings do you need to apply to your relationships?
W: Mt 20-21 How does Jesus demonstrate his authority?
Th: Mt 22-23 How are you like the Pharisees? What needs to change?
F: Mt 24-25 Are you the faithful and wise servant waiting for the Master’s return?
S: Mt 26-28 Let the events of Jesus last days shock and sadden you. Rejoice that He has risen!

Reminder: the questions are to help guide your reading. But God might speak to you through his living and active Word in other ways. Be open to His still small voice as you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment